Visit Our Wine Shop in Mere, Wiltshire
Meirion Williams - Yapp Brothers Wine Shop Manager
Opening hours: 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday.
Ten reasons to visit one of the ‘Top Ten Wine Shops in the UK’, as rated by The Times.
1. Collection discount of £6 per case.*
2. Opportunity to taste our wines of the month.
3. Peruse our Bin-Ends selection and admire our cellars.
4. A great range of wine-related products such as book, glasses, decanters and corkscrews are available.
5. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff are on hand to advise you.
6. Take advantage of our beautiful courtyard and bring a picnic to enjoy.
7. Check out a treasure trove of wine-making ephemera: presses, stills, commissioned artwork from the likes of Quentin Blake and Glen Baxter and an ever-growing collection of antique and unusual corkscrews.
8. Enjoy a pit-stop for those heading into Dorset, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall or returning from holidays in those parts.
9. Visit nearby attractions that include the National Trust’s Stourhead Gardens (2 miles), Stonehenge, Longleat Safari Park, Salisbury Cathedral and Shaftesbury’s historic Gold Hill.
10. Plan your visit to co-incide with one of our popular Tasting and Sale Days.
Click here to view a location map for our premises in Mere, Wiltshire.
* Case collection discount: £6 per case of 12 bottles, 6 magnums or 24 half-bottles, mixed or straight cases. Please note the collection discount does not apply to offer cases, sale wines, our 'Wines of the Month' or any wine already offered at a discount from list price.
"It is worth the visit just to see this long-established family firm's famous premises, centred on a picturesque courtyard with a fine fountain, exactly modelled on the historic original at the heart of Châteauneuf du Pape in the Rhône valley.
Yapp specialises not just in the wines of the Loire and the Rhône but in other classic regions of France including Alsace, the Languedoc and Provence."
Ned Halley - Western Daily Press, 21/04/2012.