Regular Wine Delivery
If you want a regular wine delivery, or don’t have time to make your own wine selections, then why not sign up to our managed 'Sommelier Service'? We will select a seasonal case for you every two months and contact you to arrange delivery.
- Once every two months we will send you a selection featuring 2 bottles each of 6 different wines, in accordance with your delivery instructions.
- We will never send you the same wine twice during the year.
- Fixed price of just £149 delivered for the 'Sommelier Service' case, which will always be a saving on normal prices.
- We can take payment via direct debit to make your life easier.
- We'll contact you by email in advance to notify you of the wine line-up.
- You can specify if you would prefer red or white only.
- You will receive a free ticket to our annual portfolio tasting in November (worth £20).
- You will receive advanced notification for all our events so that you get priority booking.
- We will offer you first refusal on small parcels of wines that we discover.
If you would like to take advantage of this scheme please contact Yapp Brothers via email at email@example.com or by telephone on 01747 860423.
The Latest Sommelier Service Wines
Six crackers from Burgundy, the Béarn, Rhône, Loire (x2) and Camargue..
Two rare whites – a blend of Gros & Petit Manseng from Pascal Labasse’s Domaine Bellegarde just outside Pau and a pure Chardonnay from Arnaud Aucoeur in northern Beaujolais. This duo is joined by the Teiller’s delicate Pinot Noir rosé from the impressive 2014 Loire vintage. Two of the reds are spicy Grenache / Syrah blends from the South – the popular Pascal Frères Vacqueyras Cuvée Speciale (which also includes some Mourvèdre) and Château Roubaud’s Costières de Nîmes (that adds Carignan, instead) – both complement country cuisine such as daube à la nicoise or wild boar sausages. The final red merits a paragraph in its own right. Pierre-Jacques Druet pioneered the production of complex, age-worthy Cabernet Franc in the Loire. We recently had the pleasure of tasting extensively with Pierre in his cellar in Benais and considered the Bourgueil ‘Cent Boisselées’ from the hugely-rewarding 2009 vintage to be the stand out wine of our visit. Après-tasting, and generously fortified by rillettes, rillons and galette bourgueilloise, we headed for Nantes airport, but not before negotiating a sizeable reserve of this first-class tipple. It would be an ideal partner for a Barnsley chop or rib-eye steak.
Two bottles of each of the following wines:
Jurançon sec: Domaine Bellegarde 2014
Beaujolais Villages: Domaine Arnaud Aucoeur 2014
Menetou Salon: Domaine Teiller 2014
Vacqueyras 'Cuvée Speciale': Pascal Frères 2011
Costières de Nîmes: Château Roubaud 2013
Bourgueil ‘Cent Boisselées’: P-J Druet 2009
Just £149 per case delivered, saving £11.90 on normal prices
“Yapp Brothers continues to specialise in the very best wines from the Rhone and Loire and now has a jolly Sommelier Service (01747 860423)... comes with free delivery, tasting notes and special prices. No wine is ever sent out twice, selections are e-mailed out in advance and you can sign up for either red or white wines”
Jane MacQuitty, The Times 15th October 2011.