If you want a regular wine delivery, or don’t have time to make your own wine selections, then why not sign up to our managed 'Sommelier Service'? We will select a seasonal case for you every two months and contact you to arrange delivery.
- Once every two months we will send you a selection featuring 2 bottles each of 6 different wines, in accordance with your delivery instructions.
- We will never send you the same wine twice during the year.
- Fixed price of just £149 delivered for the 'Sommelier Service' case, which will always be a saving on normal prices.
- We can take payment via direct debit to make your life easier.
- We'll contact you by email in advance to notify you of the wine line-up.
- You can specify if you would prefer red or white only.
- You will receive a free ticket to our annual portfolio tasting in November (worth £20).
- You will receive advanced notification for all our events so that you get priority booking.
- We will offer you first refusal on small parcels of wines that we discover.
If you would like to take advantage of this scheme please contact Yapp Brothers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01747 860423.
The Latest Sommelier Service Wines
A summer romance with the Loire, Provence, Bordeaux and Corsica.
We think this is splendid line-up of pairings that can be enjoyed during the fermeture annuelle. Dominique Guyot's delicious Pouilly-Fumé benefits from a year's bottle-age and is a great partner for fish or shellfish, while Nathalie Margan's weightier Provençale blend of Grenache blanc, Clairette, Marsanne and Roussanne cries out for tapenade.
The two rosés challenge for the lightest shade award, but don’t be mistaken by looks. The Cordier Pinot Gris is crisp and dry, with a steely core, while Lina Pierretti's blend of Alicante, Grenache and Nielluccio is full of red fruit flavours and just the ticket with a plate of red mullet.
Two juicy reds to finish – the Desbourdes' Chinon l'Arpenty (Cabernet Franc) which we think is the best vintage they've ever made, and the now-familiar and ultra-reliable Château d'Abzac (Merlot, with a splash of Cabernets Franc and Sauvignon) – pass me the T-bones and tongs!
Two bottles of each of the following wines:
Pouilly-Fumé: Les Loges 2013
Côtes du Luberon: Château la Canorgue Blanc 2014
Reuilly: Gerard Cordier Pinot Gris 2014
Coteaux du Cap Corse: Domaine Pieretti Rosé 2014
Chinon: l'Arpenty 2014
Bordeaux Supérieur: Château d'Abzac 2012
Just £149 per case delivered, saving £17.20 on normal prices
“Yapp Brothers continues to specialise in the very best wines from the Rhone and Loire and now has a jolly Sommelier Service (01747 860423)... comes with free delivery, tasting notes and special prices. No wine is ever sent out twice, selections are e-mailed out in advance and you can sign up for either red or white wines”
Jane MacQuitty, The Times 15th October 2011.